A logo in salesforce can only be added to a custom application and not on a standard application.
- Upload logo on salesforce
Click on + sign on the tab bar . Refer image for the sign.
Select documents tab > Click on new in Recent Document Section
Fill out the details such as Document Name , Document Unique Name, select checkbox adjacent to Externally Available Image and upload your logo image.
Consider this requirement when uploading image:
• The image must be in GIF or JPEG format and less than 20 KB in size.
• If the image is larger than 300 pixels wide by 55 pixels high, then it will be scaled to fit.
• For the best on-screen display, it is recommend to use an image with a transparent background.
- Add uploaded logo to the application
Go to Setup > Create > Apps > click on the app name > click Edit >>Choose the Image Source for the Custom App Logo
“Know more about Salesforce Consulting at Techila”