The process of Salesforce download all attachment is not an easy task. We need to take the help of some of the component features for downloading the multiple attachments and export attachments from Salesforce. We will try to discuss some of the easy steps to download all attachments as a Zip file. All the files download salesforce options so that there is no requirement of any other feature for the support.
Many people get tensed while loading the multiple attachments associated with a particular record. Here is the way to relieve ourselves from the Salesforce download of all attachments. We need to click several times for each record that we have to download and it becomes time-consuming. The downloading process to export attachments from Salesforce is a way long tiring process.
Discussing the component features
1. One of the components relates to the process of downloading the attachments in Association with any object.
2. Another feature talks about downloading the attachments which have a specific type of record.
3. or the navigation from one record to another there are specific buttons known as pagination buttons.
4. The customized records for displaying the sizes.
5. Another feature associated with the filtration of the attachments based on the time frame such as the year or month of any object.
Methods of downloading multiple attachments from the Salesforce platform
1. First of all we need to log into the data loader and then we have to start login into the Salesforce platform.
2. The next step talks about pressing the menu named as a new task and finally,
3. we have to select the button called export button.
4. The next step guides the selection of the attachment object and then we have to click on the Next button.
5. Then we have to choose the body field and some other fields according to our requirements and click on save and run and wait for the process to get executed.
Another method of downloading and exporting the attachments in Salesforce
The best suggestion says that you need to click the button named view and download. With the button, you will be provided with a huge list that comprises the attachments. You will also be getting some of the images and for downloading the images you will be provided with the thumbnail view of all the image files available on the platform. The next step is to check out the checkboxes which are provided for each file that you have to download whether it is in the image format also.
You should also be aware that you can proceed with the selection of every attachment that you have to download by filtering all the documents provided at the bottom and top of the list. Finally, you can click on the button download as a finally you have to click the button download as a zip file and you will see that all the files which you had selected from the checkboxes will start downloading one by one in the package of the zip file. The zip file folder gets automatically saved in the downloads into your person system.zip file for exporting all the files from the Salesforce platform and getting freed from the burden of selecting the files individually and downloading them.
You can also go through the viewer which is provided for viewing the image files and a separate function is there named “highslide” for viewing the image files. After downloading all the files some checkboxes and options will enable you to choose the required files which are associated with a particular record and further, you can send emails and other notifications from that record for sharing the files and images across the networks.
Discussing the salesforce attachment limits file download in export in the files
You should know that there is a limitation to the downloading and exportation process of the attachments. The maximum size limit of the Salesforce file is around 25 megabytes which are meant for a single file that you are uploading as an attachment. If you are uploading the file in the form of a feed attachment, then the maximum limit for maintaining the Salesforce file size is around two gigabytes. Also, there is a limitation to the Form Assembly around 35 megabytes for every response. Many business Enterprises are provided with the default limit of around 30 megabytes for the Form Assembly. In case you need a larger file attachment to get downloaded or uploaded you can also and force a request for either decreasing or increasing the limit which can be maximum extended upto 35 MB.
You should be aware of the fact that there is no general limit for uploading the files in Form Assembly. You can understand the statement in simple language which means that you can maintain any number of files for uploading without any limitation and restrictions. The Salesforce platform has started avoiding the utilization of file uploads in the form of file attachments and rather they are giving favor to the utilization of the file uploads in the form of feed attachments. Therefore, you should be updated about such changes in the platform of Salesforce. Also, keep in mind that form assembly is provided with a larger uploading limit in comparison to the files maintained inside the Salesforce platform especially talking about the file attachments and their limitation. The experts and Developers always recommend using feed attachments rather than file attachments since there is no limitation for uploading such types of attachments on any platform.
The method for creating an attachment
1. The first method of the step suggests that we need to first Li create a parent object for every type of attachment object. You have to keep in mind that in case your form comprises a file upload field, you can do one thing by attaching the uploaded files to the different kinds of objects provided in the Salesforce and that can be done by the creation of the dependent attachment object.
2. Now you need to press the button named as adding an object dependent on. Then you have to choose the attachment object from the list being provided for the files and attachments.
3. The next step is to perform the activity such as mapping the ID of every parent object and associated the ID to the attachment object for every parent ID. After you have completed the process of mapping you need to map the parent ID in the specific section of mapping in the field. Do not forget to complete this process because this is one of the mandatory fields to be checked.
4. There are different types of fields provided for the attachment object. These fields are the file name and the body which you will be able to see when they are displayed in the field mapping section. The next step is to perform the activities of mapping both the body and the filename feels so that you can easily upload the files in your form.
5. In case you are facing any type of difficulty in relating the parent’s object or in opening the attachments, you can give one more attempt to map the attachments in Salesforce especially by mapping the attachment file type field to the upload field.
The methods for utilizing the text and the formulae for every type of file name field
In case you are taking the help of the text or formula while doing the activities of mapping the filename field, so you have to realize that there is a requirement of including the file type extension such as .jpg, .pdf, etc. These processes can be automatically executed if you have acted mapping the upload field itself towards the filename field. But if you have failed to do such an adjustment you have to set the filename field by using formula text values.
If you are ensuring that all the processes are successfully executed for ensuring that attachments will always carry the same type of extension, you can insert that particular extension directly to the text for which were conducted in the process of mapping in the connector of Salesforce. You can also so take the help of the map the file name field all the formulas for including the attachment within the customized text values. Notification that you have to perform illustrates that you need to change your custom file name to the file name you wish to use.
Attaching the files to the associated records
It is one of the powerful methods for collaborating and organizing the files and attachments on the Salesforce platform. You can organize every type of data on the opportunity or the case which is of utmost importance and need. You can also perform the task such as sharing the concerned documents with the users or a concerned person by granting the full accessibility to the records.
Hence, we have discussed many ways to attempt the process of downloading multiple files and salesforce export attachments data loader in the Salesforce platform. You can also try all these methods for saving time and getting out of such tiring activities.