To start with, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot are two different cloud system services offered by the Salesforce platform. Pardot 2018 is a part of Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce Market Cloud is a separate cloud for handling the marketing of an organization’s products and services, this is the basic difference between both.
We will first have to understand the underlying concept of both Marketing cloud and Sales Cloud (Parent cloud of Pardot) to make a clear comparison between both the cloud services of the Salesforce CRM platform.
Listed below are some Salesforce Marketing Cloud considerations and benefits:
- Marketing Cloud is scalable to support extensive marketing activity in organizations.
- Merges email and mobile marketing.
- Delivers a dashboard to track you online advertising spend and effectiveness.
- Delivers extensive reports and analytics.
- Embeds social listening across all main social media platforms.
- Driven by your defined customer Journeys to manage effective consumer campaigns
- Marketing Cloud is best utilized by teams with extensive marketing expertise, as it requires significant configuration and customization to deploy and manage omni channel consumer campaigns.
Comparing the features of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot
The following are the listed features of Marketing Cloud built on Salesforce CRM Platform and Pardot that is a part of Sales Cloud developed on Salesforce platform.
Features of Pardot Cloud
- Email marketing
- Lead nurturing
- Sales intelligence
- CRM integration
- Lead management
- Social media marketing
- ROI reporting
Features of Marketing Cloud
- Journey Builder
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Personalization
- Predictive Intelligence
- Content and Messaging
Customer Data Platform
Benefits of Marketing and Pardot Cloud
- Planning, personalization, and optimization of the customer journey.
- Advancing more and relevant information about the clients.
- Easy plotting of your customer journeys on a one-a-one basis journeys across multiple channels, devices, and customer lifecycle stages.
- Generation of positive experiences for the customers and moving them forward in their journeys.
- Analyzing and assessing the impact of every customer interaction so as to determine strengths and flaws in the followed processes.
- Optimizing the strategies and other methods in real time.
- Keeping a track of Your Online Marketing Campaigns
- Monitoring the Web Traffic and Generation of Promising Leads
- Creation of the Landing Pages
- Utilizing the Email Marketing
- Nurturing the Leads
- As we can make out clearly form the features and benefits of both the Clouds marketing as well as sales that these Cloud services push all the data through the sales but have very different functionalities. The answer to which cloud is right for you lies in the main aim of your business enterprise. If you are fixated on nurturing the lead to pass them off to a certain level of qualification to any team or person then Salesforce Pardot Marketing Automation would be the right choice for you. On the other hand, if one-to-one engagement is your primary concern that involves a lot of social media and digital platform interactions them Salesforce CRM Marketing Cloud would serve you in the right manner.
- Pardot is considered the best choice for the small-medium sized company or any nonprofit with a decent lead/prospect volume. If you want to increase the conversions through lead scoring, profiling, and nurturing of leads and opting for Pardot Cloud, you are headed in the right direction. Whereas, if you have a great many number of email subscribers, and having some certain features around list management and text message integration then Pardot would probably not do justice to your business and Salesforce Marketing Cloud would be an excellent choice.