Lightning includes the Lightning Component Framework and some exciting tools for developers. Lightning makes it easier to build responsive applications for any device.
Lightning includes these technologies:
- Lightning components give you a client-server framework that accelerates development, as well as app performance, and is ideal for use with the Salesforce1 mobile app and Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- The Lightning App Builder empowers you to build apps visually, without code, quicker than ever before using off-the-shelf and custom-built Lightning components. You can make your Lightning components available in the Lightning App Builder so administrators can build custom user interfaces without code.
Using these technologies, you can seamlessly customize and easily deploy new apps to mobile devices running Salesforce1. In fact, the Salesforce1 mobile app and Salesforce Lightning Experience are built with Lightning components.
Lightning Component Framework Benefits :
The benefits include an out-of-the-box set of components, event-driven architecture, and a framework optimized for performance.
1. Out-of-the-Box Component Set
Comes with an out-of-the-box set of components to kick start building apps. You don’t have to spend your time optimizing your apps for different devices as the components take care of that for you.
2. Rich component ecosystem
Create business-ready components and make them available in Salesforce1, Lightning Experience, and Communities. Salesforce1 users access your components via the navigation menu. Customize Lightning Experience or Communities using drag-and-drop components on a Lightning Page in the Lightning App Builder or using Community Builder. Additional components are available for your org in the AppExchange. Similarly, you can publish your components and share them with other users.
4. Event-driven architecture
Uses an event-driven architecture for better decoupling between components. Any component can subscribe to an application event, or to a component event they can see.
5. Faster development
Empowers teams to work faster with out-of-the-box components that function seamlessly with desktop and mobile devices. Building an app with components facilitates parallel design, improving overall development efficiency.
Components are encapsulated and their internals stay private, while their public shape is visible to consumers of the component. This strong separation gives component authors freedom to change the internal implementation details and insulates component consumers from those changes.
6. Device-aware and cross browser compatibility
Apps use responsive design and provide an enjoyable user experience. The Lightning Component framework supports the latest in browser technology such as HTML5, CSS3, and touch events.
“Know more about Salesforce Consulting at Techila”