Salesforce is one of the Customer relationship management tools that control the empowerment of the several processes inside the business that offer solutions to complex issues using a single click. The controlling and management of Salesforce workflow is done with the help of flow builder that is one of the most popular tools handled by an administrator of Salesforce.
The major alluring facts associated with the Salesforce flow projects that one can attain the equal status of powers that a particular developer in Salesforce possesses. This is all done with the aid of Visual Workflow Salesforce. When there are several building blocks engaged in the performance of mass updates handling different kinds of related or unrelated records, the process of implementation occurs when the complexity of the algorithm gets converted into an opportunity.
In this article, you will learn about the common examples being covered converting a complex logic to a successful opportunity and how Visual Workflow Salesforceshould be used.The topics described in this blog are as under-
1. What is Visual workflow Salesforce?
2. Description of the official terms associated with Visual workflow Salesforce
3. Components or building blocks of Visual workflow Salesforce
4. Features of Visual workflow Salesforce
5. Parting tips
What is Visual workflow Salesforce?
The Visual Workflow Salesforceenables the users to access several provisions that includes the permission of building Complex automation processes inside the business enterprise with the help of simple clicks. The Salesforce flow are considered as the best friends of the developers.
This is so because as a best friend,it handles numerous kinds of complex algorithms and meet the requirements of the business organisation respective of the presence of developer of Salesforce. There are lot many benefits associated with Salesforce visual workflow. It has the capability of maintenance of the majority e of adverse requirements and also offers convenient ways of maintenance.
Any individual user who has the knowledge of the semantic and concepts related to workflow in Salesforce can follow the process and simply e move ahead with the building process. There is no requirement of the Apex Code for the implementation or maintenance of the complexities and their reduction according to the business requirements.
With the help of setup menu these visual flow salesforce is easily accessible with simply we need to enter the key word flows into the area or region named as quick find box. This is how you can create a new Flow to move ahead and get started with visual workflows.
Description of the official terms associated with Visual workflow Salesforce
There are some official terms that are used frequently and also interchangeably when a particular person referred as a particular Salesforce flows.
1. Lightning flow- it is a different product that is responsible for collaborating the process of management, building and automation of the processes and associated flows.
2. Flow builder- this is employed for the floor building using a point and click tool.
3. Flow- it is one of the running applications that controls the automation of a process inside the business organisation specially for the collection of information and data base. It basically relates the working in Salesforce external system for Salesforce org.
Components or building blocks of Visual workflow Salesforce
Any kind of flow Salesforce possesses the following building blocks-
1. Elements- they are considered as the building blocks of the flow that has their execution in a kind of an individual set. The resolution of the complex issues such as decision making and preparation of assignments or even loops can be executed with the help of logical actions being performed by these elements. Also, so there is a separate category for data elements that are responsible for the resolution of the queries existing in the database or enables the modification of the specified records.
2. Connectors- these are the intermediates of elements and resources that leaves the connection link between them and detect the path of an element further. Connect a named winter’21 is used in those majority cases where there is a requirement of enabling Autolayout and automatically connecting the elements in Salesforce flow.
3. Resources- these are some of the variables being defined for the data that has to be used in the visual workflow in Salesforce. They contain any form of number, records, texts, collections of these elements or even the formulae.
4. Force.com Flow User – in Salesforce for viewing the floor interview records that grants permission to the user for running a flow. Therefore, it basically grants the permission for running the floors and is available to the developers and performance editions.
Features of Visual workflow Salesforce
If you carefully observe the Canvas of your visual flow Salesforce, you can see some of the basic features on the left side of the Canvas provided inside a tool box. It depends on the kind of visual workflow you are handling or working on such as Auto-launched flow or a screen flow, you will be provided with distinct number of tools there.
1. Manager tab – this particular tab comprises of the existing elements and all those resources which are required inside the handling of flow. It is the exact place where all the resources are maintained that includes collections, formulas, numbers, records and other choices.
2. Variables are basically used for the storage of data so that they can be used for the in the flow. They can attend any kind of data types such as number, data, record, Boolean, picklist or a new currency.
3. Collections as the name suggest is a group irrelevant list of different kinds of variables kept altogether. Collections are responsible for processing the multiple numbers of records all at one time.
4. Constants are the fixed values that are decided for a single time and cannot be modified further. When you need to make a reference to a particular value many numbers of times with the help of your visual workflow, these constants play their role in the specified case. If there is a need for the modification of the single value, you can modify it only for a single time or at a single location and finally, it gets reflected throughout the algorithms inside the visual workflow.
Constants are static in nature whereas Formulae are dynamic in nature that can poses different kinds of values and can be used at specific locations. The value depends upon the assigned task within the visual workflow and can also be changed depending on the other set of values. If you need to prepare a forecast on the calculation of the future data, these formulae can help you doing the same work based on the particular time when the flow had started running.
There are times when we need to set a particular currency and make a calculation on the basis of the prevailing interest rates, we can use a formula in that case. Choices are also considered as the screen elements which controls the displaying of an option to the individual user. So, in case I am a developer, this is how do I change the flow type in salesforce.
This is how the Salesforce visual workflow works managing the different kinds of elements in the algorithm of complex actions and the building blocks inside the particular flow. You need to keep in mind the level of complexity of the issue existing in the Salesforce org while taking the help of these visual workflows. We expect that we have delivered sufficient amount of Information and you will definitely get benefitted.
Also, you must have got the idea for the usage of Salesforce Metadatawhich governs its usage in deciding the configuration and logic for building the architecture of the information. Moreover, you can easily modify the metadata and good with the help of metadata API.
What is the method of calling the visual workflow in Salesforce?
The very first process is to login to the Salesforce that will finally navigate you to to the process builder setup.
You need to make the selection of process builder where you can create a new builder. Just make an entry of the name of the process, name of the API and the criteria.
The first process is to create a new process and finally can click on save button after meeting the requirements.
Secondly, you need to make a selection of the object with the help of account. This is done after checking the out of business field provided in the account checkbox and as soon as the process completes, the process of updating the records will get initiated. Now you need to proceed ahead after clicking the next button.
You need to add criteria after selecting a record related to the account and make the selection of the opportunities object.
Now make a click on the button name to choose. After that you need to make the entry of the name and the type of Record needs to be selected based on a criterion.
Finally, you can make the selection of the filters inside the records so that you can update on the basis of some situations. Also, you need to make a selection of the new field values and click on save button. After this process, you are completely ready with activation of the process builder and can successfully Run ahead.