There are certain prerequisites needed for the setting of the connection through WooCommerce salesforce.
1. A WordPress website so that WooCommerce can be installed
2. An account on Salesforce
3. You should have your site running on HTTPS protocols all because of Salesforce.
Follow the steps for connecting the woocommerce to Salesforce.
1. First of all you need to proceed ahead with the installation procedure. For that, you need to proceed with the option of downloading the plug-in to your personal computer. Now you have to choose the admin panel with the help of WordPress which you are using and then proceed to plugging where you can select add new.
2. The next step guides you to make a click on the upload plug-in and finally, you can make the uploading of this zip file.
3. The next step you have to cross-check whether the WooCommerce Salesforce integration is properly installed within the list of installed plug-in.
This you need to check by using your wordpress.com account click on activate for the activation of the plug-in.
4. Now the next step is to set up the procedure after you have successfully finished the process of activation of the plug-in.
Now you have to go to WooCommerce and select the settings and finally the integration tab. You will end up on a page where you can see two inputs that you need to definitely fill in with the help of consumer secret and consumer key.
5. Also, you will be able to find a call-back URL and this is the major point where you have to go ahead with the process of copying and pasting the call-back URL in the count of Salesforce in order to obtain the consumer keys.
6. Now you have to make another attempt of retrieving the access tokens such as consumer keys and consumer secret and for that, you have to log in to the account of Salesforce and finally you’ll get navigated to the setup provided on the top right corner.
7. After you have landed on the right page you have to make the creation of a new connected application named as connected app provided on the left menu. This task has to be performed under platform-tools and for that, you need to make the selection of apps preceded by the app manager and finally have to click on a new connected app.
8. Now in the next time you need to feed all the necessary details and finally, enable the settings called OAuth Settings.
9. You also have to seek some new permission such as access and manage the data using API and performing some of the requests on the user’s behalf anytime.
10. After you have done with all these processes you have to finally click on the save button from where you will get directed towards a new page.
On the new page, you will witness the secret keys and consumer keys one below the other and you have to wait for around 10 minutes for all kinds of transformations being made so that you can address the effects post on the server before the usage of the connected app.
11. Now you can proceed ahead with copying and pasting the consumer keys and secret keys in the plugin settings and finally make a click on the save changes.
All these processes help in the promotion of the plug-in for the usage over Salesforce data and finally you will be redirected to the page called plug-in settings page.
Now you have to activate and edit the default Salesforce and WooCommerce relationships.
For this, you have to navigate yourself to woo-commerce directed towards settings and integration. You can see the section called new relationship where you can make a selection of salesforce and woocommerce objects for connection.
You can click on the add button and finally, you will get redirected to a new form where the entire list of Salesforce objects is visible including table and integer type and you need to make sure that, you are matching the corresponding field types correctly and you have perfectly defined the relationships processes.
The final step is to check the options that are covered under automatic order sync. You also can test this order to ensure the proper functionality and finally, you can see the status getting changed to success.