There are several integrated activities that are performed in a business organization on a daily basis, out of which the activities concerned with the department of marketing are arguably the most diverse and complicated to be performed.
Be it coming up with ideas and suggestions for communication garnered for the purposed of letting the world out there know about your products and persuading your target market to make purchases, gathering information about customer that might be interested in your business, making sure that a group of customers is actually willing to make purchases, going through the entire elaborate process of making sales and generating revenue and also making sure you are there for your customers round the clock if they need follow-ups or any other such services, the marketing team in an organization is always on their toes.
As there are several varied marketing functions performed in a business enterprise and the business environment is constantly getting more competitive and technologically advanced, it is inevitable for the business houses to turn to enhanced and automated business software. This software make the work of your marketing team way easier owing to their high-tech services, automated approach, increased accuracy and the ability to give productive feedback on certain activities.
Salesforce has always been the software business people have turned to in order to simplify their marketing and sales in particular. It is all-encompassing highly efficient CRM software that takes care of your customer database in a secure and advances manner.
Though Salesforce has several enhanced features that perform an array of functions, there are certain services that they are able to provide only when they are rightly integrated to a third-party platform. These platforms work in sync with Salesforce, provide their expert services to the platform and take the expert services provided by Salesforce in order to form a separate integrated platform. This win-win situation helps Salesforce as well as the concerned third-party entities in making their respective businesses stronger and more consistent in their approach. One of such popular platforms Salesforce has integrated with is Mulesoft.
What Is Mulesoft
Before deep-diving into how Salesforce and Mulesoft integration is going to help the businesses, let’s start with the most basic question, “what is Mulesoft?” Mulesoft is a fairly popular platform used for integration and building application networks across several industries and businesses functioning in those industries. This platform basically helps a user to connect applications pertaining to their business organization, data stored into their system and devices used in the enterprise across any cloud-based or on-premise platforms.
With Muleforce Salesforce coming into the picture, the platform has boasted the best mix of Mulesoft’s Anypoint and Salesforce’s Integration Cloud which has helped the business enterprises to surface their precious data, no matter where it is stored (on-premise or cloud). This has also helped both the platforms in enhancing their customer services and providing more personalization to their customers across several channels of communication and varied platforms.
Salesforce Mulesoft would also ensure that the speed with which your operations are carried out is increased many-folds and the use of your database is done to its fullest to provide even better services to your customers.
Approaches To Salesforce Mulesoft Integration
Salesforce and Mulesoft coming together have resulted in a stronger platform coming into existence that has helped several businesses in managing their activities in an automated, secure and highly reliable manner. Here are a few noteworthy points regarding the scope of Mulesoft Salesforce:
Enhanced Automated Coding
When certain Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms was launched, businesses preferred to use manual coding in the initial days. They preferred the employees working in their IT department to practice in-house coding using whatever integration tools were available then. The reason they gave for the same was that custom coding provided the scope for high specialization and allowed the software to get connected with only a specific tool or feature of the concerned third party for integration, which was not altogether wrong.
However, as the times have changed and businesses have become more digitized, integrations like Salesforce Mulesoft has enhanced the system of coding, reducing the need for manual coding in business enterprises. With this platform, you get a highly customized approach without having to go through custom coding. You can choose the application features you need to integrate with and the way you wish to use them for your business according to your needs and requirements. This considerably saves you the time that is otherwise spent in sitting down and coding every single aspect of the integration.
If you still believe manual coding is a better alternative, have a look at a few drawbacks it has to offer as follows:
- Time and Money Consumption – Coding for software, especially if it is as complicated as Salesforce is obviously going to take you an awful lot of time. This may delay some of your activities that depend on the concerned integration to have been completed. Also, the developers and people working in the IT sector often charge a lot owing to the complexity of programming and time they need to invest in coding. You could very well save this money if you’re automating coding and use it in other productive business matters.
- Increased Dependency – Not everyone is a master at coding and coding for such complex integrations cannot be done unless you have an absolute expert at work. Whether you are outsourcing the work or are getting it done through in-house personnel, it would make you highly dependent on the developer right from the beginning. If there is any issue or confusion that arises in the manually coded system, you will not be able to do anything unless the concerned developer is approached.
- Difficult For Upgrading – If you are choosing the way of manual coding for such complex integrations, you will not be able to keep upgrading your system in accordance with the technological changes that are taking place as lightning speed. The upgrade would further cost you more time and money, unlike platforms such as Salesforce Mulesoft, where all you need to do is press a few buttons in order to upgrade the system.
- Increased Scope For Error – No human being is cent percent accurate and can guarantee there will be absolutely zero chances of error. There are high chances of manually coded systems to cause errors or mishaps as compared to platforms that are automatically coded. As mentioned above, any error would cause you to go through the entire elaborate process of coding again.
Integrating With Salesforce Tools
Salesforce provides its third party collaborators with an array of highly enhanced and efficient tools that they can use in order to add to their operational efficiency. The most preferred of these tools are platforms are cloud-based and are built with Platform as a Service (PaaS) module such as Force.com.
A major advantage of these tools is the fact that when Salesforce and Mulesoft are integrated, the tools provided by the former to the latter do not need to be coded manually. Though there is low customization as there is no scope for manual coding, the tools ultimately make the collaborator’s work easier and their services quicker.
One of the major platforms through which Salesforce provides its tools, most of which are pre-built applications to Mulesoft is that of AppExchange. Most of these features are very creative and are built with innovative out-of-the-box ideas that help the collaborator apply the same in their systems.
Force.com is the platform offered by Salesforce to Mulesoft that allows the latter to build new applications they deem necessary on their software and integrate Salesforce on their platform through the platform’s APIs. This platform also allows the collaborators to customize the Salesforce applications according to their convenience and offer personalized services to their customers.
Salesforce Mulesoft Integration Using CloudHub
There may be certain issues arising out the integrations that are carried out with SaaS platforms, especially for the cloud era. CloudHub is a PaaS platform that comes to the rescue when there are any such issues pertaining to third party integrations.
CloudHub has an extensive library of Anypoint Connectors, the most popular and important platform of Mulesoft. Along with providing various SaaS services, cloud services, applications run on-premise and connection with relevant social media, CloudHub makes Mulesoft integrations with Salesforce much easier and effective through simple configuration instead of coding. Here, issues arising out of manual as well as automated coding are taken care of by the platform.
CloudHub is one of the most useful solutions a business can opt for in order to facilitate Salesforce Mulesoft integration. Some of its features are explained here that set this platform apart from other such integration solution systems:
- Integration Applications – Integration apps are a set of applications packaged in the interface that can be developed on CloudHub and shared from the same to relevant platforms. This helps the developers to make customised integrations regarding Salesforce, especially with the features and tools that are provided to the users having little knowledge about coding and programming. It is an important platform for business analytics to make sense of the customer database and make important marketing decisions using a platform that is user-friendly and easy to understand. It has integrations that are already built and simple drag-and-drop tools along with certain features that are open for the users to customise and use according to their convenience. Also, the connectors offered by CloudHub are highly reliable, owing to which you will not have to worry about the security of your data and the authenticity of the concerned platform.
- Data Gateway – The data gateway provided by CloudHub is a highly secure one that allows the users and developers to build, use and customise relevant Salesforce applications on the on-premise systems and devices without having the need to undergo coding for the same. This is one of the ways in which you can ensure safe and effective transactions and eliminate the infamous “cloud silo” that is often created by using SaaS platforms.
- Supervising and Ensuring Visibility – One of the major features that other SaaS platforms and integration solutions lack is that they do not ensure that every activity performed will be monitored thoroughly. CloudHub comes with an enhanced interface that allows the users to keep a track of all the activities performed by them or their team. The platform also ensures that there is clear visibility of data, messages, flows and other such information to all the users unless purposefully programmed otherwise.
- Provision of Open Platform – Unlike other similar platforms that simply join and extend the services provided by Salesforce to the users of Mulesoft, CloudHub facilitates open and secure migration of all the relevant applications on and off their systems, be it business applications, social media platforms or any other SaaS platform.
- Providing Cloud Features – Being a platform that is entirely cloud-based in its nature, CloudHub provides the users with certain basic cloud features that are available in classic cloud version such as multi-tenancy pertaining to business security, isolation, scalability and flexibility of the activities performed by the concerned user or their team as a whole.
The integration of Salesforce and Mulesoft is therefore highly effective and helps the businesses to perform their functions more effectively. It adds the benefits of both the platforms, merges them in the best possible manner and provided the right mix of both to the users in order to make the most of the both. Though this integration is suitable for businesses of all kinds belonging to any industry, it will benefit you the most if your business transactions and/or its key activities are run using a mobile or desktop applications. Salesforce Muleforce can help you choose the best interface for your application to be built on, helps you make the best use of customer data you possess, ensures that your application always runs smoothly and faster, and also allows you enough customer personalisation.