Salesforce Certifications – How To Become Salesforce Certified?
Getting a Salesforce Certification has become an almost mandatory practice when it comes to getting a job as a Salesforce Developer, Salesforce Consultant or any other relevant job that deals with using the highly recognise CRM platform. However, getting Salesforce Certification is not as easy as it looks and there are several specific certification courses you need to know in order to be known as a Salesforce expert. Here are the most important Salesforce Certifications you should opt for in order to be Salesforce Certified.
- Platform App Builder
- Advanced Administrator
- Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Marketing Cloud Developer
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Platform Developer 1
- Platform Developer 2
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Community Cloud Consultant
- Education Cloud Consultant
- Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant
- Field Service Lightning Consultant
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- CPQ Specialist
- Pardot Consultant
- Pardot Specialist
- System Architect
- Application Architect
- Heroku Architecture Designer
- B2C Commerce Developer
- Sharing and Visibility Designer
- Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Identity and Access Management Designer
- Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- Technical Architect
- MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4)
- MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) Delta
- MuleSoft Certified Developer – Integration and API Associate (Mule 3)
- MuleSoft Certified Developer – API Design Associate (RAML 1.0)
- Mulesoft Certified Developer – Integration Professional (Mule 3)
- MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect – Level 1
- MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect – Level 1
- Salesforce Certification Training
Platform App Builder Certification
This is the certification that would ensure that you are able to customise the existing applications and declaratively build new applications according to the needs of the concerned users on a custom application. One of the most important features of Salesforce CRM is its ability to integrate with third party applications and provide the users a new integrated platform that offers the best of both worlds.
Platform App Builder Certification would require you to have knowledge of where and when a developer would require the use of specific codes in order to achieve certain specific objectives. However, the course does not expect you to be well-versed with the practice of coding itself.
In this certification, there will largely be nine topics that will be extensively covered. Here is the list of these topics and the weight they hold in the course that would help you to focus on the subjects accordingly:
- Social (3%)
- Reporting (5%)
- Mobile (5%)
- App Development (8%)
- Salesforce Fundamentals (8%)
- Security (10%)
- User Interface (14%)
- Data Modelling and Management (20%)
- Logic and Process Automation (27%)
Once you are done with this credential, you will be called a Certified App Platform App Builder. After you are done with the studies, you will have to appear for an examination that will essentially be a set of 60 multiple choice questions with no prerequisites. Also, you will be given not more than 105 minutes to complete the examination and will be able to pass the same by getting more than 63% in the results.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification would cost you $200 and an additional sum of $100 for a retake in case you are unsuccessful in the first attempt.
Salesforce Administrator Certification is arguably the highest degree of recognition and value a Salesforce Administrator can attain. This is because the credential certifies the expertise admin has in the field of data science and digital marketing in general as well as confirms the commitment of the applicant to the platform of Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce Adminstrator certification is fairly popular amongst Salesforce professionals as well as individuals wanting to land a job as a Salesforce Developer or Salesforce Consultant in a reputed enterprise. Getting a Salesforce Certification would not only enhance your knowledge and skills pertaining to the use of Salesforce, but also increases your chances of getting a senior job in the field of Salesforce administration. If you have this certificate, you will definitely be given an edge over other applicants as the firm will have more reasons to trust you with their CRM.
It is very important to prepare yourself thoroughly before appearing for the certification examination. You need to have the most ideal mix of theoretical knowledge and practical experience in order to successfully get your certification cleared.
Trailhead is the most reliable and helpful training platform when it comes to Salesforce. It has several online as well as instructor-led courses that would help you in getting all the knowledge and insights regarding the use of Salesforce and its platforms. If you want to prepare for Salesforce Administrator Certification, it is advisable to opt for Salesforce Admin Trailmix which has a total of thirty five hour worth of training material you can access online from any platform. You can also opt for other specific courses online according to your budget.
You can also opt for exclusive limited-period courses that would provide you with significant theoretical as well as practical knowledge about Salesforce CRM and its admin platforms. According to the area of expertise you are aiming at, you can choose from an array of training options that would help you be well-versed with configuring, setting up, build and customise important applications, tools and components falling in the purview of Slaesforce CRM. By the end of these courses, you will have enough knowledge to pass the certification examination easily.
Advanced Administrator Certification
The certification for Advanced Administrator is a credential for professional Salesforce developers and users proving their expertise in designing solutions pertaining to Salesforce Advanced Admnistrator. This certification proved to be a verification of the skills you have as a Salesforce admin. However, you are required to have a working experience of the Salesforce platform and should be able to design solutions that are specific for a particular customer need.
Here are the major areas that you are expected to be well-versed in for getting the certification:
- Security and Access - This field has apparently the highest weight when it comes to appearing for Advanced Administrator certification examination. In this field, you are supposed to be an expert in record access as well as field level security. You are also required to have a working knowledge of various permission sets, custom profiles and delegated administration, along with the skill of knowing when to use them.
- Extension of Custom Objects and Applications -This is the area where you are expected to know the relationships relating to extending relevant custom objects and all the considerations the user has to make in doing to. You should be able to clearly define and know the difference between the types of relationships involved and their features that are instrumental in related a custom object with another standard, custom or external object.
- Auditing and Monitoring - In this section, you are expected to be well-versed with the four key auditing features, i.e. login history, record notification fields, setup audit trail and field history tracking. When it comes to monitoring, you will be expected to know how to monitor file and data storage as well as scheduled and background job performed by the team.
- Sales Cloud Applications - You are also expected to know a few important Sales Cloud Applications features such as pricebooks, products, quotes, schedules and forecasting. This would make sure you can handle Sales Cloud as an admin.
- Service Cloud Applications - You will be expected to be well-versed with certain specific Service Cloud features such as service entitlements and processes as well as support agent interaction.
- Data Management - It is important for you to know the processes pertaining to data management such as enhancing data quality, making sure the data is clean, finding duplicate data and supervising integration with applications.
- Content Management - In this section, you will be expected to know the type of content used on the Salesforce platform and tasks such as organising content libraries, searching within content, keeping a thorough track of relevant documents and allowing the users to subscribe to specific content libraries, tags, authors or individual files.
- Change Management - This is the area that involves the activity of moving metadata (for instance, configuration and apex code between environments) as well as knowing the appropriate practices for the use of change sets.
- Analytics Certification - You are required to have a thorough knowledge of the complicated capabilities of dashboards and reports as the examinations questions are likely to be focused on the same.
- Process Automation - It is important for a Salesforce admin to know various automation tools involved in providing specific solutions to a problem, specifically involving workflow and approval processes.
Platform Developer 1 Certification
This is the certification create for Salesforce professionals, verifying the fact that they can successfully implement productive solutions using Salesforce platform. In order to get Platform Developer 1 certification, you are expected to have a decent working knowledge of Salesforce as the certification is designed essentially for people who can use the platform well.
There are several areas of expertise you will be expected to have knowledge of in order to complete your Patform Developer 1 certification and pass the examination, explained briefly as follows:
Platform Developer 2 Certification
Just like Platform Developer 1, the certification pertaining to Salesforce Platform Developer 2 deals with verifying Salesforce professionals to be experts in providing highly automated and productive solutions through well-designed platforms and tools.
In order to successfully clear the examination for Platform Developer 2 certification, you are expected to be well-versed in eight fields of expertise, discussed as follows:
- Logic and Process Automation - This is the field of knowledge that has the maximum weight when it comes to the certification examination you will appear for. It broadly consists of understanding certain specific declarative features, getting well-versed with basic APEX and visualforce as well as understanding advanced programmatic APEX. Having a thorough knowledge of this field would allow you to use Salesforce features and apply them to the concerned data as well as documents in a way that the concerned business gets a high degree of automation in completing tedious business tasks with high accuracy.
- Data Modelling and Management - Salesforce is all about handling valuable data and you will be required to have sufficient knowledge about the data model used in the platform and the ways in which it can be efficiently utilise to carry out specific functions and providing personalised services. You should also have knowledge of relationships such as lookup, master-detail and many-to-many in order to relate objects.
- Testing - As the name suggests, this area of expertise would expect you to undertake efficient testing of the specific framework in the platform of Salesforce and knowing features of the same in order to make sure the concerned application can be implemented successfully and can run for a longer period of time.
- Debug and Deployment Tools - Debug logs are nothing but tools that help the users keep a track of events occurring in an organisation. This field expects you to be well-versed with several types of debug logs used in the Salesforce platform. You will also be expected to know the functioning of deployment tools such as The Developer Console, Workbench, Force.com and other similar tools.
- Salesforce Fundamentals - Though this section does not contain much weight in your certification examination, a Salesforce admin is expected to know certain fundamental features and tools pertaining to the platform of Salesforce. You should know the difference between traditional development and undertaking development in a multi-tenant environment. You are also expected to have a decent knowledge about features such as shared resources, automatic upgrades, governor limits and many other features fundamental to the working of Salesforce CRM.
- User Interface - Though this may not hold much weight in your examination, it is important for a Salesforce admin to know how to display data and certain important visualisations to the users in the best possible manner. If you are expert in building and managing user interface, you can make the platform a lot of more interactive an informative for the users.
- Logic and Process Automation - This is the field that holds the highest weight in the examination. Here, you are expected to have a thorough knowledge of all the important declarative features pertaining to the platform of Salesforce CRM and knowing when to employ them in order to provide the best services to your users. This field would test you regarding the skills you have to provide a high level of automation to the users by using the tools, components and features of Salesforce, getting majority of the tedious job done in a computerised manner.
- User Interface - Having a good knowledge of designing and managing user interface is very important in Platform Developer 2 certification. Here, you will be required to know how to make the best use of Visualforce, using standard set controller, creating custom controllers as well as creating controller extensions. Ultimately, you should be able to show the users what they want to see on their systems without facing any difficulty.
- Performance - In this area of expertise, you will be required to know the performance issues users might face with the concerned user interface and relevant mitigation techniques for the same. You will also be required to understand what areas would affect query performance.
- Integration - In this field, you will be required to effectively use system classes in order to integrate the platform with SOAP as well as web services base on REST. You should also have a decent knowledge of using metadata, Analytics API and streaming in order to leverage solutions pertaining to APEX and Visualforce.
- Testing - As the name suggests, this field would require you to test the working of a framework in the concerned platform. This would prevent any issues arising after the implementation is completed and would help you in handling issues arising after the implementation is completed.
- Salesforce Fundamentals - It is important for you to understand the functioning of all the base system objects pertaining to the platform of Salesforce CRM and be well-versed with the functioning of various Salesforce development platforms in order to obtain this certification.
- Data Modelling and Management - You are expected to understand all the models of data that can be used on a Salesforce platform and all the features, tools and components that are employed by the users in order to manage their data and key documents in an efficient manner.
- Debug and Deployment Tools - Here, you are expected to know how to identify the suitable tool for analysing the performance of an application and troubleshoot problems pertaining to data or performance. In addition to this, you will also be expected to select the ideal deployment tools for specific scenarios.
Sales Cloud Consultant Certification
The certification for Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant is essentially designed for Salesforce professionals who have a working experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud. Once you are certified in this field, you can easily become a successful Salesforce Consultant, especially in the matter regarding Sales Cloud.
The examination for this certification would cost you $200 and an extra $100 if you have to retake the same. Also, you will be required to have a valid Salesforce Administrator credential in order to appear for an examination consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions and 5 questions that are non-scored. You will be given not more than 105 minutes to complete the examination and would require at last 62% to clear the same. Here are the fields of expertise you are required to know in order to appear for the certification:
- Sales Cloud Solution Design – This is the field that will have maximum weight in the examination. Here, you will be tested for the knowledge you have about the methodologies and structure you will follow in order to provide Sales Cloud solutions. Your approach towards handling issues regarding all the relevant features, tools and components will be extremely useful in answering questions falling in this field’s purview.
- Opportunity Management – Sales is all about identifying the most productive opportunities and tapping the same in order t close maximum deals. This section would expect you to use relevant automate tools for helping the users in managing their opportunities and taking all necessary actions through Sales Cloud.
- Account and Contact Management - Here, you are expected to know how to use the platform in handling the accounts and contacts a user is handling. It is important for a Sales Cloud Solution consultant to employ necessary tools in order to sync the customer database with the activities that help them deal with the accounts and contacts in a personalised manner.
- Implementation Strategies – You will also be required to know all the relevant strategies to implement the most suitable Sales Cloud features and tools in order to solve important problems and carrying out automated tasks.
- Sales Productivity – Here, you will be tested on the knowledge you possess regarding the use of email marketing, mobile solutions, collaboration with Chatter and other similar features that help the users drive their sales.
- Sales Cloud Analytics – In this field, you will be expected to have a thorough knowledge of using reports and dashboards for specific tasks, specifically in producing relevant KPIs and metrics.
- Marketing and Leads – This section expects you to know how to use the platform for the purpose of generating, scoring, qualifying and nurturing the leads and using suitable marketing communication to convert them into loyal customers.
- Integration and Data Management – Here, you will be tested about your knowledge of carrying out integration with suitable third party platforms. You will also be required to know how to manage the storing, transferring and handling of important data when integration is carried out.
- Industry Knowledge – This section would require you to have a decent knowledge of the industry you function within and understand the market you want to work in.
Service Cloud Consultant Certification
This is the certification designed for the Salesforce Professionals having a working experience of using Service Cloud. In order to obtain Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant certification, you will have to possess Salesforce credential in order to appear for an examination having 60 multiple choice questions which are to be answered in 105 minutes. You will be certified if you are successful in scoring 67% by paying $200 for the first attempt and an extra $100 for every retake.
Here are the key areas you will be required to focus on for being a certified Service Cloud Consultant:
- Knowing the approaches to specific customer problems and solving them using the most appropriate Service Cloud Solution Design
- Your ability to manage several cases and solving them effectively
- The strategies you will implement while using Service Cloud and providing relevant consultancy for the same
- The knowledge you possess pertaining to the industry you function in and the market you want to cater to
- Knowledge of several channels of interaction with the clients
- Your ability to explain the Knowledge lifecycle
- Your ability to give advice regarding effective reporting of solutions by making suitable dashboards and reports
- Your ability to undertake important third party integration and managing the storing, transfer and security of the valuable business data
Community Cloud Consultant Certification
This is the certification essentially designed for Salesforce professionals who have a working experience in providing productive solutions pertaining to Salesforce Community Cloud and want to officially verify the same. You can get your Community Cloud Consultant certification by appearing for an examination with Salesforce Administrator credential. The examination would consist of 60 multiple choice questions to be answered in not more than 90 minutes, with 62% score considered to be the limit for passing the examination. The cost for this examination would be $200 with an extra sum of $100 to be paid if you need to give a retake.
Here are the major areas of expertise you will be expected to know in order to obtain the certification:
- Your knowledge about the license type suitable for a particular community persona, knowing the infrastructure pertaining to a community as well as knowing how capable each of the deployment types is for the concerned user
- Your ability to share the data pertaining to a Salesforce object with the users belonging to a community, providing access to the high-volume users of the concerned community and the considerations you would make regarding data security
- Your ability to set up appropriate topics and configuring them based on the needs of the community users as well as mapping the topics to relevant Knowledge articles with the help of suitable data categories
- Your ability to use Community Builder in the most appropriate manner, especially for the basic purpose of customising communities using relevant template designs
- Your ability to manage communities by adding relevant members to a community according to the user access requirements, your ability to set up recommendations, moderations, reputation levels, community dashboards as well as productive insights
Education Cloud Consultant Certification
This is the certification that can be obtained by Saleasforce experts who have a working experience of providing Education Cloud solutions to their customers, wanting an official verification of the same.
Salesforce Education Cloud Consultant certification can be obtained by the candidate having the following qualifications:
- They should have a working experience of Salesforce platform for more than two years
- They should have implemented Salesforce CRM for the data management pertaining to institutions of higher education
- They should have supported or implemented at least one project that involves Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA)
If you are willing to opt for this certification, you will be required to be an expert in the following fields:
- Building architecture for an integrated solution
- Employing the platforms of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Community Cloud and Social Studio efficiently
- Performing all the relevant data management tasks
- Being able to handle data sets of large volume and providing solutions regarding the same
Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant Certification
This is a fairly new certification designed for Salesforce professionals having an experience in employing the platform of Einstein analytics, essentially testing their end-to-end implementation skills regarding the platform.
If you opt for Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant Certification, all your skills and experience of Salesforce Einstein will be tested, including your skills of managing the dataflow, designing the dashboard and your knowledge of certain specific concepts pertaining to Einstein Discovery.
Here are the key topics you need to have a thorough knowledge about along with the weight they hold when it comes to the certification exam you apply for:
- The highest weight in the examination is held by the topic of creating and managing data layers for the platform of Einstein Analytics with a weight of 24% of all the questions asked.
- The topic related to designing the platform dashboard holds a weight of 19% of the questions you would have to answer in the examination.
- Your ability to design the stories on the platform of Einstein Discovery also holds the weight of 19% in the certification examination.
- Your ability of efficiently implementing Einstein dashboard holds a weight of 18%.
- The topic of ensuring the security of data you are supposed to manage using the platform of Einstein Analytics and Discovery will hold a weight of 11%.
- 8% of examination weight is held by the topics concerning the administration aspects of using Salesforce Einstein and Discovery.
Field Service Lightning Consultant Certification
The certification pertaining to Salesforce Field Service Lightning Consultant is specially designed for Salesforce professionals who have sufficient working experience in using the platform of Field Service Lightning. The certification tests how well you understand all the features and tools of the platform and how vigilant you are in providing services to your clients.
Here are the major areas you are expected to be well-versed in for clearing the certification examination:
- You will be tested the most on your ability to manage work order. In this field, you will be assessed on the manner in which you apply the procedural concepts in creating suitable work orders and identify the ideal resource requirements. You are also expected to know to effectively capture relevant data in order to complete the orders you receive, applying relevant KPIs and to determine the processes pertaining to the closure of your work order.
- You will also be tested on the way you customise the platform optimise the same in order to make use it in the best way possible. You should know how to employ relevant technicians as well as the equipment that is required to fulfil an order. You should also be able to accurately determine the life cycle of service appointments that are necessary to fulfil your work orders.
- You will be tested on the methodology you employ in order to configure the mobility of Field Service Lightning, allowing the degree of flexibility the services require.
- You are also expected to be well-versed in the process of configuring entitlements, warranties and contracts.
- You will be tested on how well you are able to manage cases that come to you and the assets you employ in handling them.
Nonprofit Cloud Consultant Certification
The is the certification designed for the Salesforce professionals who have a sufficient working experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud and is able to provide personalised services to their customers through the platform. The certification assesses your ability to provide enhanced and automated solutions to non-profit organisations in handling their database.
You need to possess a valid Salesforce Administrator Certificate in order to be eligible for Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification. The examination you will have to appear for will consist of 60 questions to be completed in not more than ninety minutes. You will need to score at least 63% in the examination in order to clear the same, with the cost of examination being $200 for the first time and $100 for a retake.
In order to score well in the examination and obtain the certificate, you will be expected to be well-versed in the administration of all the important NPSP settings and in the process of data management for the Nonprofit Cloud platform. You will also be tested on how efficient you are in carrying out Nonprofit Cloud analytics and the domain expertise you posses. The methodologies you follow in implementing the strategies and practices while catering to non-profit organisations will also determine your score in the examination.
CPQ Specialist Certification
This certification is designed for Salesforce professionals to obtain a stamp of verification regarding the efficiency they possess in handling the platform of Salesforce CPQ. The certification would imply that you are a certified expert in the CPQ platform and are well-versed with all of its features and models.
Here are the important fields you are expected to be efficient in for obtaining Salesforce certification as a CPQ Specialist:
- You will be tested on methods you employ for configuring various products and set suitable prices by using relevant lookup objects and formula fields. You will also be expected to have a thorough knowledge of the sequence of quote calculation and quote line pricing fields.
- You should know to determine ideal ways in which packages managed by CPQ would fit in the platform of Salesforce CRM.
- You should be able to set up effective bundle structure as well as product rules according to the needs of your clients at any given situation.
- You will be tested on the ideal pricing strategies and pricing outcomes you choose in a given situation.
- You should be able to use the given database to generate customer orders, handling relevant contracts and making amendments as well as renewals for meeting specific business requirements.
- You should know the use of product catalog for handling CPQ data flow and setting up suitable quotes in sync with your client requirements.
- You will be expected to be efficient in the process of product selection in any given situation.
- You will also be tested in the methods you employ for the purpose of setting up native as well as advanced approvals.
Marketing Cloud Administrator Certification
Marketing Cloud Administrator is fairly new certification designed for Salesforce professionals specialised in the field of marketing. The certification provides you with a multi-level credential set and serves as another reliable verification for the marketing experts to prove their skills.
The examination for this certification essentially consists of 60 multiple-choice questions that you are expected to answer within 105 minutes. With 67% as the passing limit, the certification would cost you $200 with an extra $100 to be paid for every retake.
Here are some of the major qualities you need to possess in order to be certified as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator:
- The ability to effectively navigate setup of the platform
- Carrying out the configuration of the concerned business unit structure, security and relevant permissions
- Troubleshooting the configuration of your accounts
- Granting access to the users and assigning roles pertaining to Marketing Cloud to the users
- Overlooking the auditing of accounts and managing notifications
- The ability to extract suitable data and generate productive reports
- Carrying out the evaluation of the quality of data being managed
- Having thorough knowledge of extension products and features of Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Marketing Cloud Developer Certification
This certification is designed for Salesforce professional who have a significant working experience with the platform of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and have been involved with the development and implementation of the same in client business organisations.
Marketing Cloud Developer certification would add value to your existing capabilities as a Salesforce Developer, officially verifying the fact that you are vigilant enough to understand and operate the varied tools and platforms pertaining to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Here are the key areas in which you are expected to be an expert in order to get certified successfully:
- You are expected to have a thorough knowledge in the field of data modelling. You should be able to configure the relevant account contact models, differentiate various data extensions, relate contact levels across various channels and be well-versed with the process of data deletion.
- You will be tested on your knowledge of programmatic languages such as AMPscript and SSJS. You should know how to use these languages for developing the most suitable practises on the platform according to the needs of your client.
- You will also be expected to have sufficient knowledge regarding the use of Application Program Interfaces (APIs). You should not only be able to describe certain specific routes, models and objects of the concerned APIs, but should also use the same in order to ascertain the importance of response handling in any given situation.
- You will naturally be evaluated on the methods you employ for the purpose of carrying out effective data management according to the needs of your clients.
- You should also be aware of the best practices to undertake in order to ensure the security your clients’ business data.
Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification
This certification is designed to officially verify the skills and abilities possessed by Salesforce professionals having a hands-on experience using the Marketing Cloud and specialising in the field of email marketing.
Being a certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist would give you an edge over your contemporaries as you will be assumed to have better email marketing skills, making better use of the customer database of a business organisation. Here are the major areas in which you need to excel in order to obtain this certification:
- You are expected to know how to efficiently evaluate respective elements and techniques of email marketing and design a lucrative email marketing campaign.
- You should also be able to recognise the situations where a legal compliance may be required and take necessary actions regarding the same.
- You should be able to demonstrate efficient methodologies employed in order to acquire more subscribers as well as practices involved for the purpose of communicating with the concerned population.
- You should be able to choose the best email designs according to specific situations, keeping the needs and preferences of your clients in mind.
- You will also be tested on your skills regarding the creation of persuasive or informative content and delivering the same to the concerned entities.
- You should be able to provide personalised and effective marketing automation solutions.
- You should be able to manage the data provided to you in an efficient manner.
- You should also be able to explain the varied email campaign metrics to your clients along with the steps involved in analysing the performance results.
Marketing Cloud Consultant Certification
This is one of the toughest certifications to obtain, designed specifically for Salesforce professionals who have spent considerable time as a consultants and having considerable knowledge of the platform as it involved testing complicated features and tools.
Marketing Cloud Consultant certification largely consists of three certifications, all of which require considerable hands-on experience with the advanced features and tools. Here are some of the major fields in which you should excel in order to successfully obtain this certification:
- You are required to be well-versed with the platform of Content Builder and understand how data modelling works. You should also be able use Data Designer effectively for incorporating relevant data source into Content Builder.
- You should be able to build suitable Attribute groups.
- You are also expected to thoroughly examine the business requirements and conditions of your clients, offering them with the best possible solution as a consultant.
- You should be able to help your clients with charting out the most suitable branding strategies and inform them about the external systems that can be incorporated to provide better solution.
- You should be able to build efficient data and segmentation strategies for your clients, helping them provide personalised services to their customers.
- You will be tested for your ability to explain various data objects present in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- You should be able to suggest the most ideal data model to your clients depending on their customer data.
- You should also be able to compare and differentiate Journey Builder and Automation Studio, and other similar automation tools.
- You should be vigilant in performing efficient account configuration.
- You should also be able to compare different standard reports as well as data views for your clients.
- You will be expected to be well-versed with the configuration of Marketing Cloud Connect.
- You should be able to help your clients create and send suitable emails based on the specific requirements of their customers.
Pardot Consultant Certification
This is the certification designed for the Salesforce professionals who are well-versed with the platform of Salesforce Pardot and have a sufficient hands-on experience with the same. Getting Pardot Consultant certification will step up your game and will be an official proof of the fact that you are able to build effective workflows and lucrative email marketing campaigns. It also gives you a stamp of excellence when it comes to effective management of leads using the platform of Pardot.
Here are some of the major areas you need to master in order to be a certified Salesforce Pardot Consultant:
- You should have a thorough knowledge of all the automation and segmentation rules, with the ability to explain dynamic lists and completion actions.
- You should be able to undertake efficient profiling, grading and scoring of leads generated by your clients and nurture them according to the clients’ needs.
- You will also be expected to build effective and dynamic content, along with suggesting the most ideal channels of communication to your clients.
- Depending on the scenario, you should be able to choose whether to use form handler or Salesforce Pardot.
- You would also be expected to effectively use and implement the platform of Salesforce Engage.
Pardot Specialist Certification
The certification relating to Pardot Specialist was introduced for Salesforce Professionals who have sufficient experience with Salesforce Pardot, giving them a stamp of verification for their efficient use of the platform. It gives you an edge over your contemporaries as the certification would officially qualify you as an expert who is not only able to run the platform effectively, but is also able to integrate the same with a variety of vendors.
Here are the major areas you are required to excel in for obtaining the Pardot Specialist certification:
- You are expected to manage the leads generated by the sales team of your clients effectively using the Automation and Segmentation Rule, keeping in mind the requirements of your clients.
- You are also expected to make effective use of the Pardot dashboard and administer the platform effectively by comparing different Pardot Connectors.
- You should be able to effectively integrate the platform of Pardot with Salesforce through efficient field mapping and field syncing.
- You should also be able to explain how you will help your clients in tracking their visitors by using the platform of Pardot.
- You should be able to undertake the process of email marketing effectively, helping your clients in choosing ideal email templates for specific situations.
- You are also expected to clearly define all the major components of an Engagement Program.
- You should know how to effectively make use of a Landing Page without a form and manage Landing Page reporting.
- You should be able to help your clients in creating prospects by using Pardot.
- You should also be able to efficiently create different lists and compare the capabilities of the same.
- You are expected to be able to secure the valuable business data of your clients by restricting unauthorised access to the platform of Pardot.
- You are also expected to be well-versed with reporting of Pardot forms.
Sharing and Visibility Designer Certification
The certification of Sharing and Visibility Designer is an important credential created for Salesforce professionals who have significant experience in providing Sharing and Visibility solutions to their clients for a sufficient amount of time and want an official verification of the same. This certification would allow you to be considered as an expert of the platform who is able to architect some of the best solutions according to the needs of the customers.
The examination for this certification essentially consists of 60 multiple choice questions and 5 questions that are not scored, all of which are expected to be answered in not more than 120 minutes. With no prerequisite required for this examination, you will need to secure 68% in order to clear the same. The fee for the examination amounts to $400, with an extra sum of $200 to be paid for every retake. Here are the main areas you need to excel in for the purpose of being a certified Sharing and Visibility Designer:
- You should be able to employ suitable object as well as field level security settings (while knowing their limitations) in order to manage access to various information contained in the system, according to the requirements of your clients.
- You should be able to implement Account and Opportunity teams for the purpose of ensuring sufficient visibility and collaborations to be undertaken by effectively evaluating the use case.
- You are expected to understand the significance and effect of the role hierarchy on the field of record sharing.
- You are also expected to understand the manner in which apex calculation and sharing can affect system performance pertaining to the set up of the concerned complex customer organisation.
- You should be able to create a highly efficient security model that is suitable for managing large volumes of records and users.
Data Architecture and Management Designer Certification
This certification is a credential that is created for Salesforce professionals who possess sufficient experience in providing solutions to their customers regarding the use of effective data architecture and have helped them in managing their data effectively.
The certification examination consists of 60 multiple choice questions that are to be answered in 105 minutes, with no prerequisites required for appearing for the examination. With a passing score of 67%, you will have to pay a sum of $400 to appear for the exam and an extra $200 for every retake.
Here are some of the major areas of expertise you should excel in for obtaining Data Architecture and Management Designer certification:
- You are expected to be able to evaluate the available techniques and choose the best one in order to design the data model for the platform of Salesforce Lightning. Also, the data model you build should be able to process large volumes of data sets.
- You should be able to efficiently identify the matters that affect the quality of data possessed by your clients along the important dimensions and recommend corrective measures for the same.
- You should be able to understand and apply the most ideal techniques for improving the performance of the platform while important data is being migrated from various systems into Salesforce CRM in large volumes. You should also be able to generate productive reports, dashboards as well as undertake the process of querying large volumes of data on the platform of Salesforce.
- You are also expected to be vigilant in applying relevant business intelligence, analytics and efficient reporting according to the requirements of your clients.
- You would be evaluated on the basis of the approach you would take for the purpose of creating a data archiving or data purging plan for your clients, keeping the data storing and management needs of the clients.
- You should be able to undertake smooth, quick and efficient data migration across relevant systems.
- You should be able to provide effective Master Data Management solutions to your clients.
- You will be expected to know how to design a wholesome business data governance program, keeping in mind all possible considerations.
Integration Architecture Designer
This is a certification that acts as a valid credential for Salesforce professionals who have a specialised experience of using the platform of Salesforce for the purpose of carrying out third party integrations. It is an official proof that proves you are able to develop and implement suitable architecture that is required for the purpose of integrating with ideal platforms.
You need to be an expert in certain specific areas in order to become a certified Integration Architecture Designer, some of which are discussed here:
- You should have sufficient knowledge of various integration architecture patters and should be able to suggest the most suitable ones to your clients according to their needs.
- Depending on any given situation, you should be able to make a decision as to which of the three APIs to employ – Web Service APIs, REST-based APIs or Bulk APIs.
- You should know when there is a need for using Mashup or Composite applications in case compete integration is not feasible.
- You should know which WSDL file to choose according to a given situation.
Identity and Access Management Designer Certification
This is the certification designed for Salesforce professionals to officially verify their skills of effectively controlling the access to the platform of Salesforce CRM, either by using external authentication providers or by using Salesforce itself as an authentication provider.
Being one of the toughest examinations to clear, Identity and Access Management Designer certification requires you to understand the manner in which different systems interact with each other and how specific authentication can be passed in order to ensure security of the organisation.
Here are some of the major areas you need to excel in order to become a certified Identity and Access Management Designer:
- You should be able to review the most beneficial practice considerations and choose the one that is most ideal. You should also be able employ considerations that facilitate single sign-on for the users for securing the data stored in the concerned system.
- You should have a decent knowledge of Identity Connect and should understand the relationship it has with the current enterprise landscape.
- You should be able to differentiate between Identity Provider and System Provider, along with being able to ascertain the platform used for authenticating the credentials of users.
- You should be well-versed with the concept of two-factor authentication used on the platform of Salesforce as well as AppExchange. You should also know when it can be employed for your clients based on their requirements.
- You should also have sufficient knowledge of Just In Time (JIT) processing and the use cases for which it can be employed.
- You are expected to understand how the canvas applications of your clients can be authenticated using SAML SSO.
- You should be capable of working seamlessly with multiple organisations and understand the capabilities as well as limitations of SSO for doing the same.
- You should also know what tokens are present in different scenarios of authentication and how security it managed in every given scenario.
Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Certification
This certification acts as a valid credential for Salesforce professionals who are well versed in using ideal development methodologies like agile, waterfall etc, are familiar with the different stages of development lifecycle and various deployment strategies used in the development lifecycle. This certification officially verifies you as a Salesforce architect that is able to use continuous integration, sprint planning and version control in order to deploy most ideal strategies according to the specific needs of their clients.
Here are some of the major areas you should focus on in order to be a certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer:
- You are expected to know which sandboxes should be used in specific activities and manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- You should know the different deployment tools that can be used for moving metadata between multiple organisations and should be able to choose the most ideal option depending on the requirements of your clients. Also, you should know when to use change sets and when to use Force.com IDE.
- You should be able to provide effective assistance to organisations where continuous integration is a necessity and should understand the important tools as well as their limitations.
- You will be tested on your knowledge of various development methodologies available and the ones you would recommend for any given situation. You should also know the situations where an agile methodology is suited the most and the ones where you should use the waterfall methodology.
- You should be able to establish an efficient governance model depending on the client you are dealing with.
- You should also be able to conduct effective testing for different environments and should ascertain which sandboxes should be used in each of the cases. You should also know how to handle specific bug fixes.
Technical Architect Certification
This certification acts as an official credential for Salesforce professionals who have been involved with the designing and development of several important Salesforce features and tools for a sufficient period of time. The Technical Architect certification would officially confirm the fact that you possess thorough knowledge of developing a variety of customised platforms according to the specific needs of your clients, along with providing productive solutions to them.
Here are some of the major requirements and skills you need to possess in order to successfully appear for the certification examination:
- You should have more than five years of experience in developing and operating Salesforce platforms in the entire software development cycle.
- You should have served as an architect for more than three years.
- You should have more than two years worth of experience in using Salesforce Lightning, having led at least of the projects as the lead architect.
- You should have sufficient experience in guiding a development team for implementing and using platform technology.
- You are expected to assess risks involving specific architecture and take actions against the same.
- You should also be able to look at the globalisation aspects of a project.
- You should be able to work efficiently with platform-specific and object-oriented design patterns respectively.
- You should be thorough with all the important development languages as well as suitable design frameworks.
- You should also be familiar with prominent integration platforms on the Lightning Platform.
- You are expected to architect a solution for the purpose of addressing the complexities pertaining to platform security and specific mechanisms of Salesforce Lightning included in the functional model of security.
- You should also have sufficient experience with methodologies pertaining to project and development lifecycles.
System Architect Certification
This is the certification that serves as a credential for Salesforce professional who have a considerable experience in developing varied platforms and tools pertaining to Salesforce CRM and effectively design the digital systems that help the clients avail personalised services by their Salesforce providers.
Getting System Architect certification will provide you with an edge over your contemporaries as it will act as an official stamp of approval for the skills you possess and the technical experience you have with the Salesforce platform.
Here are some of the basic areas you require to excel in order to improve your chances of clearing the certification examinsation:
- You should have a thorough knowledge of all relevant development methodologies and should be able to choose the most suitable to implement according to the needs of your clients.
- You are also expected to provide your clients with suitable alternatives to the methodologies you choose to implement regarding a specific platform.
- You should be extremely well versed with the process of change management as well as release management, being able to ensure governance of the concerned system using the same.
- You should be able to ensure effective governance in the process of environment management according to the needs of your clients.
- You are expected to have the skills to develop effective deployment strategies based on specific platforms according to the needs and requirements of your clients. You should also be able to deploy these strategies into the system effectively.
- You should be able to use suitable technical tools for the purpose of implementing relevant deployment strategies as well as any environmental approach for your clients.
- You should also be able to clearly define and describe the various capabilities and features of metadata API pertaining to the platform you are designing or providing solutions for.
Application Architect Certification
Application Architect certification is an advanced credential designed for Salesforce professionals having sufficient experience in designing a variety of customisable Salesforce tools and platforms and architecting productive solutions regarding the same. It is arguably the toughest certification to obtain that falls under the umbrella of Salesforce Technical Architect credentials.
Unlike several other certifications, Application Architect certification cannot be obtained by appearing and clearing a single examination. You need to obtain four other certifications before you appear for the examination. Here are the prerequisites and other relevant requirements you need to obtain the certification as an Application Architect:
- You need to be a certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
- You need to be a certified Platform Developer 1
- You need to be a certified Data Architecture and Management Designer
- You need to be a certified Platform App Builder
- You should be extremely well versed with the native features and functionality pertaining to Salesforce CRM
- You are expected to possess skills required to model appropriate data models and role hierarchies
Heroku Architecture Designer Certification
This is the certification designed especially for the Salesforce professionals who have specialised in the use of the integrated Heroku platform. This certification officially prove that you have all the required knowledge and skills for designing effective solutions that are scalable for the purpose of deploying and managing relevant applications as well as managing teams pertaining to the platform of Salesforce Heroku.
Being a Heroku Architecture Designer also means you are able to build effective workflows using the platform, according to the needs of your clients. Here are some of the major qualities you should possess and area you should excel in order to successfully obtain this certification:
- You should be able to design, scale, build and deploy all the applications on the platform of Salesforce Heroku, along with building appropriate infrastructure according to the specific requirements of your clients.
- You should be well versed with all the security and trust options that are available on the platform of Salesforce Heroku.
- You are expected to possess skills required to use relevant add-ons in order to extend applications on Salesforce Heroku.
- You should be seamless with the process of integrating Heroku applications with the platform of Salesforce CRM and Salesforce Lightning.
- You will be tested on the manner in which you use Heroku Private Space Peering as well as relevant VPN connections.
- You should know the key differences between Private Space and Common Runtime.
- You would be expected to architect a solution by implementing twelve-factor methodology effectively.
- You should be able to efficiently build architectures that make use of Apache Kafka on the platform of Salesforce Heroku.
B2C Commerce Developer Certification
This is the certification designed for Salesforce customers, employees or partners who have a hands-on experience in developing platform and tools that help their clients in carry out B2C trade effectively on digital platforms. Obtaining this certificate would officially verify your skills of providing productive solutions regarding the use of automated and enhanced tools for providing personalised services to the end customers.
In order to be a certified B2C Commerce Developer, you need to have an experience of working as a developer at least for one year and specifically as a B2C Commerce Developer for a period of three to six months. Here are some of the major areas you need to excel in for obtaining this certification:
- You are expected to have a working knowledge of Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA).
- You should be able to add reusable functionality onto a site by creating appropriate cartridges.
- You should also be able to create reusable codes by using ISML templates.
- You are expected to use B2C Commerce APIs in order to make changes in the concerned site logic and use Open Commerce API (OCAPI) for the purpose of customising business logic according to the needs of your clients
- You should also be able to use synchronous as well as asynchronous methods for carrying out third party integrations with B2C Commerce.
- You are expected to use the most appropriate tools in order to troubleshoot issues using configuration or coding for the purpose of optimising the performance of the concerned site.
MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) Certification
This is the certification designed for efficient developers who are able to work with basic projects pertaining to Mule 4 and provide effective solutions regarding the same to their clients. Getting a MuleSoft Certified Developer – level 1 (Mule 4) certification would officially verify the fact that you possess sufficient knowledge as well as skills necessary for building, testing, debugging and implementing all the basic integrations and APIs pertaining to Salesforce MuleSoft (Mule 4).
A developer with this certification also gets an edge over their competitors as they are believed to use Anypoint Platform for the purpose of efficiently taking an API through its entire life cycle. They are also believed to effective control the event flow, handle all possible errors and effectively process batch records according to the need of the clients.
Here are some of the key areas of expertise you need to master in order to successfully clear the certification examination:
- You should be able to clearly explain all the fundamentals of Application Network, including the proposal by MuleSoft aimed at shortening the IT delivery gap.
- You are expected to have a thorough understanding of the use and consumption of relevant APIs. You should also be able to clearly describe the life cycle of modern APIs.
- You should be able to use RAML for the purpose of defining the parameters, responses and requests for a specific API.
- You should be able to effectively assess and modify Mule events based on the needs and preferences of your clients.
- You should possess the skills to structure Mule Applications efficiently.
- You should be able to build Application Interfaces for specific APIs.
- You should be able to route specific events and transform relevant data using DataWeave.
- You should also be able to use connectors and process all the necessary records based on the requirements of your clients.
MuleSoft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) Delta Certification
This is the certification that serves as an official credential for experienced Salesforce developers who are vigilant in working on the basic projects pertaining to the platform of Mule 4 and are able to architect effective solutions regarding the same.
If you are a MuleSolft Certified Developer – Level 1 (Mule 4) Delta, you are believed to have sufficient knowledge and skills for designing, testing, debugging and implementing all basic APIs and integrations related to the platform of Mule 4. The examination for this certification consists of thirty five multiple choice questions that are to be answered in not more than seventy five minutes. With the passing score of 70%, you will have to pay a fee of $250 to appear for the examination, with $125 to be paid for every retake.
Here are some of the most important areas you need to excel in for obtaining this certification:
- You should be capable of accessing and modifying specific Mule events, also being able to clearly describe the data structure of the concerned Mule event.
- You are expected to make effective use of transformers for the purpose of setting event payloads, variables and attributes according to the needs of your clients.
- You should be able to clearly define and reuse relevant global configurations pertaining to a Mule application.
- You should also be able to create a REST-based interface for a Mule application manually and an REST connector from an RAML specification.
- You are expected to make effective use of the Choice router for the purpose of routing events that are based on conditional logic.
- You should be able to validate relevant data using the Validation module.
- You should be able to describe and effectively implement handling default errors pertaining to a Mule application.
- You should be able to differentiate between On Error Continue and On Error Propagate.
- You should be able to transform suitable data sets using DataWeave by writing scripts and converting XML, Java and JSON data to the required data types and structures.
- You are also expected to have skills required to retrieve the required data from your client’s database by using Database connector.
- You should have a thorough knowledge of various methods useful for processing individual records and should be able to choose and implement the most ideal options.
- You should be able to undertake effective debugging and troubleshooting of relevant Mule applications.
- You should also be able to package Mule applications for effective deployment as well as deploy necessary applications to the platform of CloudHub.
MuleSoft Certified Developer – Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) Certification
This is the certification essentially designed for Salesforce developers who have a sufficient working experience with all the basic projects pertaining to Mule 3 and can architect productive solutions regarding the same. Being a MuleSoft Certified Developer – Integration and API Associate (Mule 3) would officially verify the fact that you have all the necessary knowledge and skills required for designing, testing, debugging and implementing the basic APIs and integrations for Mule 3.
Here are some of the major areas you need to excel in for obtaining this certification:
- You should be able to clearly explain the proposal of MuleSoft in the matters regarding the narrowing of IT delivery gap.
- You should be able to clearly describe the characteristics of modern API and the roles of C4E.
- You should be able to effectively design and consume all the relevant APIs and use RAML for the purpose of defining nested and API resources.
- You should also be able to use RAML in order to efficiently define reusable data sets, along with formatting independent examples.
- You are expected to possess skills required to access and modify Mule messages and describing the data structure of the same.
- You should be able to effectively structure Mule applications and break an application in several flows using sub-flows, private flows as well as the Flow Reference Component.
- You should be vigilant enough to build API implementation surfaces.
- You should be able to route relevant messages by using Choice router according to the needs of your clients.
- You should be able to handle errors and transform data using DataWeave.
- You should have sufficient knowledge of using connectors and processing necessary records effectively.
- You should be able to debug and troubleshoot all necessary Mule applications.
MuleSoft Certified Developer – API Design Associate (RAML 1.0) Certification
This is the certification designed for developers who have sufficient experience of creating efficient modular definitions pertaining to API using Anypoint Platform and RAML 1.0. Possessing this certification gives you a better edge over your contemporaries as it provides an official verification for the services and productive solutions you architect regarding the platform of MuleSoft.
Here are some of the major areas you need to excel in for being a MuleSoft Certified Developer – API Design Associate (RAML 1.0):
- You should be able to clearly describe the REST API architecture and explain REST-based API design.
- You should be able to differentiate between the several categories and actions pertaining to an REST API and effectively convert categories into suitable resources.
- You should also be able to employ the most ideal HTTP methods for supporting relevant actions on the required categories.
- You are expected to be able to explain API development lifecycle as well as the connectivity approach of MuleSoft led by API.
- You will be tested on your capability of using RAML 1.0 for creating API definitions and your ability to define resources contained in the definitions of RAML API.
- You should be able to describe the structure of responses in HTTP methods and use appropriate status codes in HTTP responses.
- You should be able to add relevant documentations as well as description nodes to the created RAML definitions.
- You should be able to efficiently test API endpoints by using API console.
- You should be able to make all necessary APIs discoverable and collect feedback from the customers.
- You should be efficient in the process of data modelling by creating suitable data types and examples for the same.
- You should be vigilant in creating and referencing resource-type patterns for ensuring reusability.
- You should have thorough knowledge of modularising APIs by making productive use of libraries in order to increase the compos ability of API.
- You should be able to ensure security of necessary APIs by clearly defining the security requirements and using suitable security schemes for the application of resource and method policies.
- You should be able to simplify the discoverability of API by effective use of hypermedia and use hypermedia in order to leverage API responses.
- You should know the situations when you are and when you aren’t supposed to version certain specific APIs.
Mulesoft Certified Developer – Integration Professional (Mule 3) Certification
This is the certification designed for developers who are experienced in the field of real-world MuleSoft development and are able to architect productive solutions regarding the same. This certification serves as an official verification of the fact that you are able to handle complicated integration projects on Anypoint Platform and provide specific services pertaining to Mule 3.
Here are some of the key areas you need to excel in for being a MuleSoft Certified Developer – Integration Professional (Mule 3):
- You should be able to clearly explain the basics involved in MuleSoft implementation and design concepts regarding the platform.
- You should be able to efficiently track the movement of data through the concerned application according to the requirements of your clients.
- You should know the situations in which to use flow and session variables along with the knowledge of how to use them.
- You are expected to know how to write Mule expressions and create files regarding Mule properties.
- You should be able to create inbound as well as outbound HTTP endpoints and know what effect the content type of HTTP has on various browsers.
- You are expected to be extremely well-versed with flow references, flows and sub-flows.
- You should have sufficient knowledge of the strategies regarding flow processing and should be able to efficiently code relevant exchange patterns.
- You should be able to be vigilant in flow control and handling errors effectively.
- You should be able to transform relevant data sets using DataWeave by writing scripts for converting XML, JASON and Java structures to required data types.
- You should be able to use POST, GET, DELETE and PUT methodologies in order to implement REST services and use necessary annotations on the REST methods for creating unique signatures.
- You should be able to use and configure batch processing and effective use the Catch Scope for storing and reusing data that is frequently operated upon.
- You should be able to clearly explain the benefits and concepts pertaining to the creation of Mule clusters.
- You are expected to be able to distribute application flows in order to facilitate cluster processing by using queues.
- You should be able to deploy necessary applications on the platform of CloudHub.
- You should be able to undertake the creation and testing of custom Java components and integrating the same in necessary flows.
- You should be able to effectively configure and efficiently use data connectors.
- You should also be able to manage relevant transactions by clearly explaining the transactions and ascertaining the end-points for supporting them.
MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect – Level 1 Certification
The certification for being a MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect – Level 1 is essentially designed for developers who have sufficient experience in operating on a firm’s Anypoint Platform strategy. Getting this certification would serve as an official verification of your knowledge and skills pertaining to designing and building of an efficient application network as well as providing integration solutions on an individual basis through a connectivity led by necessary APIs.
Here are some of the major areas in which you need to excel in order to obtain this certification:
- You should be able to explain the proposal of MuleSoft regarding the reduction in the IT delivery gap and the characteristics of modern API.
- You should be able to clearly define the characteristics and use of Outcome-based delivery (OBD).
- You should be able to clearly define the objectives of a C4E and the essential KPIs that can be used to measure its success.
- You are expected to be well-versed with all the possible deployment options pertaining to Anypoint Platform.
- You should be able to segment and break down all necessary functional requirements into APIs that are aligned with your client business by employing suitable granularity.
- You should be able to ascertain important changes in an API that may or may not require increment of a major version.
- You are expected to possess skills related to identifying the ideal APIs for implementing specific business processes as well as assigning the same to the layers of connectivity.
- You should be able to select appropriate API policy enforcement according to the needs and requirements of your clients.
- You should also be able to ascertain any relevant changes that may be required in the concerned RAML definition.
- You should know the procedure required to pass client ID to specific APIs and to register an API client for the purpose of accessing an API version.
- You are expected to be clearly able to define the automation capabilities of the Anypoint Platform for the purpose of CI/CD, DevOps and testing.
- You should be able to effectively deploy Mule applications on the platform of CloudHub.
- You should be able to architect resilient APIs according to the specific needs of your clients.
- You should also be able to constantly monitor necessary application networks and analyse the same.
MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect – Level 1 Certification
This is the certification that serves as an official credential for developers and Salesforce architects to prove their skills of shouldering responsibilities regarding the implementation of the Anypoint Platform in a business organisation. Being a MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect – Level 1 is always advisable as it increases your value in the market by verifying your provision of enhanced technical quality and efficient integration solutions.
The certification examination consists of fifty eight questions multiple choice questions that are to be completed in not more than 120 minutes and the passing requirement to be 70%. The examination would cost you a sum of $375, with additional $250 to be paid for retakes.
Here are some of the major areas of expertise you need to excel in for obtaining this certification:
- You should be able to thoroughly optimise the Anypoint Platform and configure permissions, roles and business groups present within the same.
- You should be able to choose the ideal option between identity management and client management using Anypoint Platform.
- You are expected to choose the most appropriate style of integration for your clients, provided you are given the necessary description of the concerned integration problem.
- You should know to identify the situations where using message correlation is necessary.
- You should be vigilant enough to choose the most relevant deployment option pertaining to Anypoint Platform according to the needs and preferences of your clients.
- You should be able to efficiently use SOA-based approach for the purpose of designing important parts of integration solutions.
- You are expected to know the situations in which the use of batch would prove to be advantageous to the client.
- You should be able to identify the requirements can be addressed better using transactions.
- You should be able to know which connectors can be employed for specific transactions.
- You should be able to use integration or ETL tools that are batch-oriented in the process of designing a specific integration.
- You should be able to ascertain whether the process of horizontal scaling would facilitate a Mule application in meeting its performance targets.
- You should be able to use the ideal storage mechanisms at specific situations.
- You should be able to efficiently use Enterprise Integration Patterns by using appropriate Mule 4 constructs.
- You would be required to have thorough knowledge of using streaming in order to manage heavy payloads in Mule applications.
- You should be able to ascertain the purpose, network protocol used and its ability to support incoming or outgoing connections of a Mule 4 connector.
- You should be well-versed in identifying the situations that may require the use of domain-level connectors.
- You should be able to check whether a connector is able to connect to or from an external system that spans across the boundaries of your client organisation.
- You should be able to ascertain the major advantages and shortcomings of managing and storing properties pertaining to Mule applications.
- You should also be able to ascertain the important steps to be taken in order to undertake testing pertaining to specific API or integration.
- You are expected to clearly specify the purpose of multiple MuleSoft products belonging to CI/CD/DevOps.
- You should be able to chart out ideal strategy for source code management which includes the practices of branching and merging.
- You should be able to clearly ascertain various metrics for API innovations as well as implementations that could be effectively overlooked using Anypoint Platform.
- You should also be able to identify the important metrics as well as operations naturally exposed through JMX.
The platform of Salesforce CRM is extremely helpful and beneficial to businesses pertaining to all scales of operation and belonging to every sector of the industry. It is comprised with several enhanced and highly automated platforms, tools, components and add-ons that help businesses in managing their valuable customer database in the best way possible. However, owing to the detailed and highly personalised services provided by Salesforce, the platform can turn out to be really challenging.
There may be situations when the sales team of an enterprise is faced with certain complications pertaining to Salesforce and it is therefore necessary to understand this coveted CRM platform thoroughly. Salesforce Certification therefore allows you to study all aspects of the platform and avail detailed knowledge of how its features and tools function. Once you are Salesforce certified, you will rarely need an external helping hand for handling smooth implementation and operation of Salesforce CRM in your organisation.
Obtaining Salesforce Certification also adds value to your skills and knowledge as it acts as an official stamp of verification for the knowledge you possess and the services you are capable of providing. This would help you in getting an edge over your contemporaries and if you are a professional willing to land a job in a reputed organisation, the certificate would increase the chance of you getting in.
As new technologies are constantly being introduced in the market and the businesses are diversifying leading to increased competition, the need for Salesforce Certification has almost become mandatory to secure jobs such as:
- Salesforce Developer – Small, medium and large scale businesses are now preferring developers having valid Salesforce Certification in order to help them implement the platform. This is because certified developers are believed to get work done faster and more effectively as they have more and precise knowledge of the platform as compared to others. Certified Salesforce developers are also preferred to due to reduced scope of error and a reliable helping hand that is always available for the organization.
- Salesforce Consultant – It is only natural for a business enterprise to choose a Salesforce Consultant who is definitively well versed with the platform as compared to anyone else. As Salesforce Certification officially verifies the knowledge and skills you possess, it would help you land a successful job as a Salesforce Consultant.
- Salesforce Operator – As the market has expanded and technology has advanced, customers have started to demand increasingly personalized services from the businesses they interact with. This has led to the platform of Salesforce CRM to be used very precisely with almost no scope for any error. As getting a Salesforce Certification would train you enough in handling the platform in the most efficient manner, your chances of getting a job in the sales or IT team of a reputed organization increase if you are a certified Salesforce operator.
Salesforce Certification Verification
It is important to keep a steady track of your Salesforce certification from time to time. Salesforce certification verification is the process you can follow in order to check the status of the certification(s) you applied for and keeping a track of all your certifications, any requirements regarding the maintenance and checking your account linking status.
You can verify Salesforce certification by visiting the verification page of Salesforce and/or Trailhead. Once you have landed on the verification page, you will have to enter your Webassessor email in the box titled “Certification Holders: Check Your Status”. Shortly after you add this credential, you will receive an official email showing you the status of your certification. Apart from this information, you will also receive the maintenance modules you require, important due dates and also the status of your linking of Trailhead account with Webassessor.
However, it is not necessary to check the certification status every now and then as the company would keep sending you relevant updates and notifications via email, helping you to stay up-to-date with all the details you need to know regarding your Salesforce certification status. Having said that, it is also important to note that these notifications are sent to the email address mentioned in the Webassessor profile you hold and not on your Trailhead account. It is therefore important to keep your Webassessor profile regularly updated in order to stay in sync with your verification.
Once you get the email verifying your Salesforce certification status, you would see a table showing you the details as follows:
- Credential – This column would show all the credentials/certifications you have applied for.
- Credential Status – This is the column you were looking for. It shows you the real-time status of your certification(s) which you can use to ascertain your pending maintenance or check if you are up-to-date.
- Next Required Maintenance Module – This column shows you all the maintenance you are required to complete in order to be in sync with the process of maintaining your credentials on a timely basis. You can get the details regarding each module by clicking on the respective link mentioned in the column.
- Completion Due Date – As the name suggests, this column shows you the date by which you are supposed to complete your maintenance modules. This is the date by which if you fail to complete the modules, your existing/pending credential will expire.
Here are some of the most important tips you need to keep in mind as you undertake a Salesforce certification check and request the status of your credentials:
- Always remember that the due dates for maintenance modules are subject to change. It is advisable for every user to go through the maintenance schedule from time to time in order to stay updated with critical information.
- If you are requesting the information regarding the status of your credentials on the verification page, the results will include all the certifications you used to hold and are now expired. On the other hand, automated reminders and notifications will only limit the results to your current certifications.
- It is also important to know that it might take up to one day for the changes you made regarding your Webassessor email or completion of your maintenance module to get successfully applied and reappear.
Salesforce Certification Training
Obtaining a Salesforce certification is not an easy task. You need to be extremely well versed with the platform and the tools in order to be certified as a Salesforce expert. It is therefore advisable for every Salesforce developer, operator and consultant to undergo effective Salesforce certification training in order to obtain the certification(s) they desire.
All the Salesforce certifications available to professionals have various examinations that are to be cleared in order to obtain the concerned certification. In spite of majority of the credentials being designed only for the professionals, not everyone has a complete knowledge of every small detail regarding the platform of Salesforce CRM. This is why an effective training programme or tutorial will be extremely helpful for the professionals to brush up their Salesforce skills and prepare themselves for the certification examination.
There are numerous training programs available online for every certification that is available pertaining to the platform of Salesforce CRM. All you need to do is search for the certification you need to train for, pay the tutorial fees and start with the training. One of the most interactive and popular Salesforce certification training platform is Trailhead. Trailhead makes sure you don’t skip a single aspect that is necessary for your training in order to be Salesforce certified.
Trailhead offers you an all-encompassing platform providing you all the necessary material you require for being trained to use Salesforce CRM and its features. Once you choose the certification training you want to opt for, it provide you with various convenient, simplified and informative modules that would help you in gaining all the information and knowledge in the best possible manner.
The platform of Trailhead would also offer you with an enhanced study guide for every certification training module you opt for. This guide would inform you about the structure of questions you would face in your certification examination, the topic you need to stress on for training for the certification, the weight every topic holds in the examination and the skills you need to excel in for successfully obtaining the certification you wish to obtain. You will also be able to avail exclusive quizzes and sample questions related to the certification you have chosen which would further solidify your knowledge and skills in order to get trained – both theoretically and practically.
It is therefore important for every Salesforce professional to obtain sufficient Salesforce certification training before they appear for the final certification examination. However, the training module you choose for should be in sync with the certification you have chosen and your areas of expertise. It is also important to ascertain if there are any prerequisites for appearing for the certification you want to obtain. If there is a need for prerequisites, you might need to undergo training and obtain certification for the required credential(s) as well.
The Salesforce certification training module you opt for also varies according to your role in the management of Salesforce CRM. If you are a developer and a digital architect, you should opt for training modules designed exclusively for Salesforce developers, such as Technical Architect, Platform Developer (1 and 2) etc. If you are an admin or a project manager, you can opt for training modules such as Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder Administrator etc. If you are a Saesforce operator or hold an authority overlooking the marketing department of your business, you should opt for training modules such as Service Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant, Marketing Cloud Administrator etc. All you need to focus on is choosing the right training module as everything else will be taken care by the efficient digital certification training providers.
Salesforce Certification Cost
Broadly speaking, there are two types of professionals that undertake Salesforce certification for proving their expertise – one being the independent Salesforce developers, consultants and operators who are not affiliated with any organisation and provide their services all by themselves. On the other hand, there are also professional Salesforce developers, consultants and operators who work for a business enterprise or an organisation. It is important for both these entities to know the Salesforce certification cost before they make the decision to opt for the concerned examination(s).
If you are an independent Salesforce professional, you will have to allocate your personal funds according to the certification you need to obtain. On the other hand, if you are handling a business organisation whose employees are appearing for the certification examination, there are high chances that the cost for the same would be taken out of the business funds, making it important to consider the cost you may have to incur for facilitating Salesforce certification pertaining to all the concerned employees working in your company.
The Salesforce certification cost can bill you anywhere between $200 and $6,000. Do not be astonished by looking at the upper limit as this charge is made for only one certification – Salesforce Technical Architect. This is because it is a highly in-depth, detailed and important certification that can be obtained by the concerned professionals. One of the reasons behind the Salesforce Technical Architect Certification being priced this way is the fact that this certification has several smaller credentials forming a part of the umbrella such as:
- The Salesforce Architecture Designer credential
- The Salesforce Appication Architect credential
- The Salesforce System Architect credential
You can only obtain the main certification after you have successfully cleared examinations pertaining to all the other related credentials.
Apart from the certification pertaining to Salesforce Technical Architect, majority of other Salesforce certifications would cost you around $200-$400 on an individual basis. It is also important to keep in mind that in case you fail to secure the specific passing percentage pertaining to the concerned certification, you will have to pay an extra charge for every retake examination you appear for, which would cost you half of the original cost of certification.
However, you don’t have to pay for every single certification that is available for Salesforce professionals. Of all the certifications, there is only one that can be availed without the applicant having to pay any fee – the Salesforce Accredited Sales Professional Certification. This certification is essentially designed for the already approved Salesforce partners and Businss Development professionals who have significant and reliable experience of marketing various Salesforce solutions and providing them efficiently to the clients.
It is also important to know that if you are appearing for an examination that has multiple choice questions, the exam-takers are required to clearly demonstrate relevant Salesforce Advantage Knowledge by giving an appropriate white-board presentation before the examination starts.
It is therefore important to take the matters concerning Salesforce certifications seriously and getting Salesforce Certified as soon as possible as it is bound to train you sufficiently for the services you provide to your clients and increase your value as a Salesforce professional in the market you are functioning and in the realm of data science in general.